- One Wisconsin Now drew attention to his pretend pumpkin patch and the fact that many of his business entities were essentially located at a Delaware P.O. Box. Both were moves to avoid paying his fair share in Wisconsin.
- Wispolitics reported that Wall paid $0 in net tax to Wisconsin in 12 of the last 15 years.
- Even right wing talkers panned Wall's performance on their shows and on his tax issues.
- Some of the same GOP big-wigs that helped convince him to run were/are actively looking for ANYONE else that can run.
- Wall's first TV ad went up super early and it was a desperately negative one that was described by the AP as misleading.
I'm sure that I may have missed a few items, but that is still quite a list of self-inflicted drama for such a small number of months. Now comes the news that although one of Wall's businesses have between $25-50 million in assets, it paid $0 in state income tax from 1999-2008.
While all of these things are endlessly stacking up against Wall, the least he could do is try to not hurt his own cause with key elements of the right-wing base. Nope, Wall showed just how tone-deaf he is with even his own political party. When recently appearing on fundamentalist Christian media network WVCY, he made a vague reference to the earth being billions of years old. Since much of the demographic that listens/watches WVCY are creationists, it didn't take very long for them to challenge him about the earth not really being billions of years old. Not only did they challenge him on it but it seems that they then questioned him entirely because of what he thought was just a throw away comment. Yeah, like I said, tone-deaf. He may as well have touted Tommy's micro-chip implanting technology on the show.
Even Terrence Wall can't give Terrence Wall a break (other than the tax kind).