Although I have wondered if Neumann actually has the stomach for this fight, more recent indications seem to point to him very slowly gearing up for it. Specifically, I'm referring to some of the following:
- Putting $1 million into his own campaign with rumors of putting in as much as $3million.
- A significant increase in the number of letters to the editor by his supporters.
- A focus on social networking and then taking it for an occasional test drive.
- Supporters contacting the RPW apparently reminding them of their own rules.
- Increasingly using the contrast of a private businessman vs. Walker's limited work history.
- Most recently trying to tie Milwaukee County unemployment figures around Walker's neck.
I certainly can't be the only person noticing an increasingly (and slowly) more aggressive Mark Neumann. One indication that people close to Walker appear to be noticing it, might be the frequency with which the attacks from his campaign operatives anonymous groupies have gone after Neumann recently. They have accused him of everything from buying his Facebook followers to not knowing where Superior is located to alleged improprieties with his campaign finance reporting. I think that the timing and frequency of their hysteria might say something in this context.
Scott Walker has certainly left himself wide open for attacks in many different areas. It appears that Mark Neumann is starting to slip on the gloves with each passing week. But in my mind, the real question is two-fold: Has Neumann waited too long to put them on and is he really ready to use them?