Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Chris Christie on Birtherism

Earlier today I highlighted the fact that New Jersey Governor Chris Christie was campaigning in Wisconsin for Tommy Thompson today.  I also mentioned that Christie might want to chastise Tommy for using what Christie has called "the oldest dodge in the book".

If Christie was planning on being consistent then perhaps he could also take Jason Thompson to task over his repeated birther talk about the President.  Here are some of Chris Christie's attacks on all of the wacky birther rhetoric:

In April 2012, Politicker NJ reported: “‘I think that the whole question of the President’s birthplace is ridiculous and has been settled by the President,’ Christie said. ‘He’s released his long form birth certificate and I think that should end the conversation. So for me it’s a non issue.’… ‘I think the President resolved this issue a long time ago and I think we have much more important issues in our country to be discussing,’ he said.” [Politicker NJ, 4/17/2012]

In August 2012, the Huffington Post reported: “New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, a Republican who was rumored to be on the shortlist for the vice presidential nod, said Tuesday that he suspects GOP candidate Mitt Romney ‘wishes he could take’ his birther joke back. ‘I think if he had to do it over again, he wouldn't make the joke," [Huffington Post, 8/28/2012]

No comments: