Apparently Tommy Thompson is not having a good time on the campaign trail (to the extent that he is actually on it). The New York Times reported the following today:
“Mr. Thompson, usually gregarious, sounds anything but upbeat as he talks about his reason for running now. Is he having fun? No, he says twice. “I don’t need this,” he said.”Actually, you can't really blame Tommy for not having a good time when you consider some of these recent events:
- Tommy was called out for "going quiet" during this general election campaign and is probably trying to pick up the pace against his will.
- You've got right wingers all over the place that are openly worrying about the campaign that Tommy is /isn't running.
- Some national bloggers are getting rather nasty in their criticism of Thompson as a candidate.
- Even after Tommy's special interest D.C. friends spent over $10 million to prop him up, he is still losing in every poll.
- Tommy pretends that he is a farmer from Elroy and that he "never left" Wisconsin but then he practically runs from a reporter asking about his history of buying out-of-state homes among other issues.
- To add to his troubles Tommy actually "forgets" about having some of those luxurious properties.