Friday, December 31, 2010

The Full 2005 DOJ Letter to Scott Walker

I've written an opinion piece regarding Scott Walker and his promises of open government. In it I reference a scolding that he and his Milwaukee County administration got from the Wisconsin Department of Justice back in 2005. It was related to their obstruction of an open records request by a political opponent. Since my piece was run earlier today I've received many questions about the referenced DOJ letter. So I am including the full four page letter here. The part that I referenced is what I believe is the "money quote" in the last paragraph.

If you want to read more on the events surrounding the situation, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel did run a story about it at the time. You can also read this 2005 blog item by Xoff which fills in even more of the details (notice the appropriate title).

No comments: