My 2 cents about the season:
- There is no escaping that we have a franchise top 5 quarterback in Aaron Rodgers. You only have to look at his stats and his unbelievable calm leadership in games like the one yesterday. All of this in only his second season as a starter and after spending the entire first half of it on his back. There are some that will take pot shots at him no matter what, but lets face it, most of that stems from him not wearing a number 4 jersey. It simply isn't fair nor is it rational at this point.
- For the most part, we have a young elite receiving corps, especially with the emergence of Jermichael Finley.
- Aside from yesterday's game, we had a top of the line defense.
- We worked through the Farve drama and a disappointing start, reversed our record from last year, and got back to the playoffs as a real contender.
- Our team is young and highly talented, so we are in a position of contending for several years to come.
My wish list for next season:
- Solve that penalty problem!
- Strengthen that offensive line. We have a franchise QB, lets not get him killed early in his career.
- We need a more consistent running game (and I think a lot of that is on the coaching).
- Finally start pulling the trigger on key free agents. This is one of the legitimate criticisms that Ted Thompson-haters have. Even though we have a very talented young team, it is counterproductive to remain the youngest for so many years in a row.
- Our secondary is older and the drop off in talent is steep, so we need to address that ASAP.
- Also the biggest key to winning is giving Cory free tickets to a regular season game next season!
There, I feel so much better now. I'm proud of Aaron Rodgers and our very young but very talented team! Now when does Brewer spring training start again?